This week I asked the Craft my Success group members if they knew anything about email lists. Mainly, do they have one or even know why they need one, and here were the results from the poll.
So the majority of people either had no idea why they needed one or sort of knew they do but haven't got round to making it happen.
And I know it may feel like yet another thing you need to add to your never ending marketing list of things to do but I wanted to take a moment to share with you 5 reasons why you DO need an email list (and how they can do things that other marketing strategies can't).
5 reasons why you need an email list for your business
1. If the Facebook or Instagram algorithm changes or Etsy starts making new rules and it becomes even harder to get in front of new potential customers, your email list is unaffected.You own this list, just like you own your own website, and how you communicate with them is totally on your terms.
2. You can prime them to become customers. Automated emails (where a series of emails are sent to new subscribers on autopilot) can be created which build your know, like and trust factor with your new subscribers automatically. This means you're priming them whilst you sleep to buy from you in the future!
3. It's the most effective way to communicate with your audience. Look at these statistics from optinmonster.com. I think they speak for themselves (it even trumps my beloved Facebook
4. You have a direct communication channel with people who are interested in your business, who are most likely to buy whenever you want and need. When you post on social media, those people may see your message, but with email, you're directly in their inbox and being seen.
5. It is the cheapest way to get in front of your customers. Mailchimp is my go to email tool and it is totally free for under 2,000 subscribers (plus it now has free automation sequences which is amazing!).
Has this made you think differently about starting to build an email list a priority? I hope so!
Click here to read the second part of this blog post where I talk about how awesome Mailchimp is for your business and why it's my go to tool for email marketing.
Ready to start emailing your fans NOW?
Here's what my email marketing basics course can do for you in just 48 hours
- Create your own Mailchimp account and even personalised email address (i.e firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Understand how to create lists of customers and new fans which you can communicate with today
- Upload your current email lists in seconds
- Add a "sign up" button to your Facebook page and website
- Know exactly which hook to use to get people to join your list and my top 4 methods
- Learn how to create beautifully branded emails so you can prime, seduce and sell to your lovely warm audience
You will also receive
- 30 days no quibble guarantee on purchase
- Access to yourself truly on email to get your email party started!
- Access to the course for life and if Mailchimp updates, so will the course
Are you up for it? I'm ready!